The $ Symbol Program
- Symbols are sold to shoppers for $1.00
- Shoppers’ name is put on the symbol and it is displayed in the merchant’s store for a period of time. The program should run one month.
- Symbol is barcoded for easy accounting by merchant and Flags for Freedom.
- No cost to the store. All supplies are provided by Flags for Freedom.
- Money raised in your community will be used to place monuments in the community you serve.
The goal of this project is to place a permanent monument in the hometown of every military person who lost their life in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Our first monuments are being placed in Missouri and Iowa.
There are 213 fallen service members from Missouri (140) and Iowa (73) as of July 2013.
Once every family from Missouri and Iowa that requests a monument receives one, there are over 6000 more to offer across our country and its territories.
Each monument is made of black granite.
The shape of the stone is an arc cut short – depicting a life cut short.
Each monument contains:
- Etched picture of service member
- Service branch logo
- American Flag & Fallen soldier memorial
- Rank & Name
- Birth & Death Dates
- Conflict or Operation they died in
- Statement: “Never to be forgotten for giving the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom”
How the monuments are provided
The monuments are a gift to the family and community of the fallen service member.
36 Lighthouse Rd
Lake Ozark, Missouri 65049
Our mission is to support members of the armed services and their families during deployment; wounded warriors and their families during recovery and reintegration to civilian life; and to provide a national remembrance honoring those that gave their lives in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Flags for Freedom Outreach was founded in 2005 by Candy Adams from Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. Candy, along with her employer, Hy-Vee, had a program to collect food donations to send in care packages to the troops.
Candy leads a team of six volunteers fulfilling the mission of the organization.
Flags For Freedom was granted 501c3 tax status in 2010.